June 11, 2015 was of course a great day in the history of PrestaShop. At the day, PrestaShop introduced several new things like new logo of PrestaShop in the form of Preston and the concept of WeCommerce.
Probably, you will be thinking that PrestaShop has started a new platform naming WeCommerce, but this is not correct. Basically WeCommerce means to work in community. PrestaShop has now felt that to make it no. 1 shopping cart in the world, it is better to work as a community. No matter where you’re you can join hands with PrestaShop. In this mutual co-operation process, both the parties will gain extra ordinary result.
The concept of WeCommerce is started in the form of PrestaShop Developers Integration Fund according to which, 1000000 will be distributed among developers who will develop a module targeting the local market.
What you should know about this fund?
What is the Integration Fund?
Those developers will receive a part of this fund, which will developer a high quality PrestaShop module targeting the local market.
Who can apply?
All the developers can apply for this fund by filling the form here.
What type of module will be accepted?
Following four types of modules will be accepted for integration fund.
- Payment and Gateway
- Shipping and delivery
- Marketplace and Affiliation
If you’re idea’s module don’t belong to any category, then don’t give up. Apply for the integration fund and convince the PrestaShop that you’re is a real need of local market.
- Create an contributor seller account on Addons Market place
- Apply for the fund.
- PrestaShop will contact you through your seller account to discuss about the idea
- When your idea will be validated, you have to develop the module.
- After module development, upload it on PrestaShop Addons and you will be given developer integration fund after 45 days of module presence on marketplace.
- During this time, you have to provide full customer support for you module
You will receive 30% on each sales of your module on marketplace. When the fund provided by PrestaShop to you will be received back to PrestaShop by selling, then you will receive 70% on each sale.
- Module should target the local market problems
- Module should not be available already
- Module features should be innovative
Note: PrestaShop Developer Integration Fund is not applicable for themes.